Historylinks Year: 1870
Black painted tin chest with hinged front marked BURGH OF DORNOCH in gold. The front is held by two brass chains when open. It has a central lock - key missing. There are carrying handles on the side panels. The inside is divided vertically into two compartments of equal size. Manufactured by Thomas Tait, 8 St Andrews Street, Edinburgh. Very scratched on outside but otherwise in good condition.
[Documents contained within this chest can be viewed in sequence from picture #9980]
Picture added on 22 February 2009
This picture is in the following groups