Historylinks Year: 1995
Colour photo of the old ferry boat from Meikle Ferry, in a garden off the High Street in 1995. The boat was built in Banff in 1925, as a rowing and sailing lugger called the "Welcome Home". She was later fitted with an engine. In 1998 she was moved to the Clan Munro Centre at Foulis Ferry, and was later given to Portsoy Maritime Heritage. Believed to be the last scaffie type fishing vessel in existence. See information in the object information file in the front office.
Picture added on 24 April 2008