Historylinks Year: 1988
Photocopy of a two page account of the establishment c.1791 by George Dempster, owner of Skibo, of five townships, as part of the improvements and clearances, at Migdale, Little Creich, Quarters, Tulloch and Swordale. The settlement was in the 'Sleistary Hills'. Third page is a map of the general area showing sheep farms stretching from the Dornoch Firth to Strathnaver. The account is accompanied by two letters from Dr Malcolm Bangor-Jones to Jim Bell about the Evelix settlements.
Picture added on 24 April 2008