Historylinks Year: 1990
Colour slide of Ross House, Grange Road on the western side of the Dornoch Hotel towards the town centre. Prior to becoming Ross House, this property was 'Abden' a private hotel (see 2014.013.404). In c 1947 it was renamed Ross House and became a girls' hostel providing accommodated for students from distant areas whilst attending school in Dornoch. A further change came in 2006 when it became the University of the Highlands and Islands Centre for History Ross House, Dornoch.
Picture added on 22 May 2017 at 12:34