Historylinks Year: 2012
First of a series of 13 colour photographs showing phases of development of 'Links House' Dornoch, starting on 26 Jan 12 to the completed, landscaped development as at 1 July 1913. This photograph shows the early groundworks and was taken on 26 Jan 12. The original building was constructed as the manse to the Dornoch Free Church in 1843. The architectural team of James Raeburn (1787-1851.) and his son Robert were selected for the design. The idea to transform Links House from a private house to bespoke accommodation for discerning visitors first emerged in 2008 when American Todd Warnock was visiting Dornoch on a golf outing. A document 'Early Years of Links House 1843 - 2005' is at picture #11924 .
Picture added on 08 November 2013 at 13:38