Historylinks Year: 1780
Two copper alloy; 1 slightly domed with decoration of two lines on reverse which have stars and circles with the letters ‘?CLAT’ within them (see 004), loop broken off; 1 broken flat button with complete loop – 2 areas of active corrosion present. 18th or early 19th Century. Discovered by a metal detectorist on Pitgrudy Farm, Dornoch.
Picture added on 12 August 2012 at 10:42