Historylinks Year: 1989
A description of the details of the fountain on the green between the Cathedral and the castle. These details can be found on a plaque near to the fountain. The fountain was erected by Miss Georgina Anderson (1821-1899). Her father was a fish merchant then a sheep farmer on Sutherlands north coast. This photocopy gives details of the fountain and the four shields depicted on the corners of the fountain.
Picture added on 22 February 2012 at 11:33